Monday, October 13, 2008

The Deadly Box

 The Deadly Box



It’s kind of cramped in here

I guess it wouldn’t be a bad spot

for a game of Hide and Seek

...a short game


But I can’t stretch my legs

My head is here between my knees

my elbow is jabbed into my leg

Hey, this box is very UNCOMFORTABLE

I don’t really want to be in here for too long


I mean, how am I supposed to eat?

Take in new nourishment?

Or go to the bathroom!?

You know, getting rid of all that stuff 

that has been processed and 

has no more growth value


There certainly is no room for 

GROWING in here! 

Not in any direction!

I can’t even change my position, 

turn on the other side

or even lift my head 

from between my knees


And I definitely don’t want anyone 

to see me this way!

I’m not in a very flattering position

My better sides don’t come to light

not in this place



I’m over due for a shower

Oh how nice that would be...

a warm shower 

to take away all the dirt and sweat, 

which is a part of life, 

whether one is in a box or not,

Ah, to feel fresh and clean again


It’s beginning to smell!

What with no bathroom, 

no shower

no fresh air...

Fresh air!

Yes, air (breathing)

I’m getting rather short of air

(breathing harder)

I’m afraid I can’t get enough to breath

(gasping for breath)

I’m running out of...


Hey, you, 

don’t go away!

(gasping)

I can’t breath!

(gasping faster)

Come back!

(desperate)

Don’t leave me here to....

(desperately gasping)

Please...

(faintly gasping)


LET ME OUT OF THIS BOX!!



“You have heard that the law of Moses says, “Do not murder. If you commit murder, you are subject to judgment.”  But I say, if you are angry with someone, you are subject to judgement! If you put someone in a box and label it “idiot,” you are in danger of being (tried for murder).  And if you label someone “fool,” you are in danger of facing the ultimate judgement yourself”  

- Jesus

No comments: